Frameworks: jQuery, Xap PDO, WHM/cPanel
UC Santa Cruz, B.A. Politics | 2006
U-PIC Insurance Services Inc. | Agoura Hills, CA | October 06, 2013 – present
Full Stack Developer / Systems Engineer
- Converted an old .NET system for handling all clients, sales and business details into PHP.
- Built and maintained both the public facing and private websites.
- Built and maintained the relational databases supporting the public and private sites using Amazon Web Services.
- Maintained the dedicated server hosting the public and private websites with WHM and cPanel on CentOS 5.
- Administered a task list on Asana for organizing programming tasks.
- Met with, and reported to, supervisors in operations, sales and claims to make sure their relevant sections in the new public and private websites functioned according to their department needs.
- Set up syncing schedules to bring the legacy database data from MSSQL to the new MySQL database.
- Maintained the GIT repositories for the public and private website codebases.
- Wrote and scheduled cron tasks for automated processes.
San Diego Police Department | San Diego, CA July 20, 2007 – April 14, 2013
Parking Enforcement Officer
- Received multiple commendations for work outside of my regular duty.
- Created new and replaced old forms and documents used by my supervisors.
- Collected and tabulated the squads' monthly and annual statistics.
- Created a log and scheduling website for the parking enforcement unit in the City of San Diego that has been in use since January 2013. Notable website functions are: Logs parking complaints and their dispositions after automatically notifying the supervisor that handles that area. Stores comments with custom privacy settings. Auto-complete search searches for matches as you type. Auto-submit saves form values automatically. A personnel roster used to store employee data and to build daily schedules. A statistics page to display revenue and confiscations related to disabled placard enforcement.
- Conducted all code testing and bug tracking.
- Attended Project Meetings with Technical Lead and Stakeholders.
- Received Project Specification orally, created official documentation with simple instructions, pictures and examples.
- Designed Website to specifications signed off on by Tech Department Lead and Stakeholders.
- Received, prioritized and fulfilled feature requests from supervisors.